August 23, 2011

In the mood for something funny?

I don't know about you, but after a strange and tiny-bit-scary earthquake, I'm in the mood for a laugh.  So, today, I'm letting you have one at my own expense.

I wrote a poem over 20 years ago called "The He".  It's in (my favorite) Shel Silverstein style:

The He by Sara Marie Allen

There once was a girl 
with so much hair she was blue--
She simply didn't know 
what was best to do.
She chopped it all off--
so careless and free--
And what do you know?  
She looked like a he.



Cute poem.  But fast forward, um, 10 years...  I am that girl with so much hair, that I chopped it all off...you get the picture. Well, I'm pumping gas at a station where the attendant greets each person pumping gas over a loudspeaker:  "Welcome, gentleman on pump 4!"; "Greetings lady on pump 10!".  And--I KID YOU NOT--he said to me, as my back was turned to him, "Hello-ur-person on pump 7!"  I cringed, determining to grow my hair out immediately.

Anyone want to post their funny story?  We could all use a laugh or two on a day like today!













No comments:

Post a Comment